Wanted - Handy Man, Facilities, Maintenance, Skilled Trades, General Labor.
Since 1946, Kennolyn Camps has been a summer camp where kids build lifelong friendships, unplug from technology, and explore the world around them. In 2018 we took over an existing summer camp on Huntington Lake. Boys and girls ages 10-16 come for two weeks from July 8 to August 16. We welcome you to join our tight knit camp community of 60 campers and 20 staff.
Build and repair decks, water system plumbing repair, and general maintenance. Familiarity with ski boat maintenance a plus.
Salary negotiated, 40 hours/week, room + board available (live on-site preferred but not required)
June 1 – August 23, 2019.
Contract may be extended through the fall and/or year round in our Santa Cruz Mountains location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Construction and general maintenance (estimated 80% of the job). Carpentry - new construction and repairs of decks, docks, and cabins. Plumbing - water system maintenance, fixture replacement, bathroom, repairs. General maintenance.
• Coordinate with seasonal cleaning staff person from time to time. This staff person and our kitchen staff can be an “extra” set of hands for facilities when needed.
• Help maintain ski boats, pontoon, vehicles, storage facilities and tools.
• Other facilities work as assigned.
• Work with Camp Director to manage subcontractors if needed.
• Conduct self in a manner reflecting credit on Kennolyn and encourage others to do the same.
• Establish and maintain effective channels of communications with co-workers, clients, vendors, and neighbors.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of client and business operations information
• Use equipment and materials in a safe and acceptable manner, following established safety procedures and observing common sense rules of safety, in all on-the-job activities.
• 5 years experience in at least two trades.
• Enthusiastic self-started, capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Current driver’s license.
• Willingness to abide by the company conduct, dress/grooming, and tobacco/drug free codes.
• Experience working in a child-oriented business preferred (camp, outdoor ed., school).
Dan Johnson, Director
Kennolyn Camps Huntington Lake
60900 La Salle Ave, Lakeshore, CA
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers