Organic Extraction Lab Manager Duties Include:
QR Code Link to This Post
• Responsible for overseeing the Organic Extraction Department tasks and 3-5 employees.
• Responsible for managing sample backlog for soil and water extraction procedures of EPA approved methods.
• Ensure samples are received, recorded and tracked throughout the Extraction Department with the chain of custody database.
• Responsible for the correct analysis of each sample, and ensure that EPA hold times being met.
• Maintain the department's documentation for sample integrity of reagent and sample prep, equipment maintenance, and staff training.
• Maintain and operate organic extraction instrumentation including: Liquid-liquid extractors, Soxhlet extractors, Sonicators, Microwave, DryVap and Roto Evaporators.
• Responsible for the training and implementation of Initial Demonstration of Capabilities for each technician in the Extraction Department
• Maintain open communication with Extraction Department staff, GC analysts. Project Managers.
• Properly dispose of waste solvents and samples.
• Ensure that APPL safety policies are followed within the Extraction Department.