Come join our winning team! Since 1982, Buckingham Property Management has been providing quality housing for the qualified residents it serves. Buckingham currently manages over 5,000 units in a wide range of conventional and compliance apartment communities.
Buckingham has an immediate opening for an experienced Apartment Manager involving oversight of the daily operations of a multi-resident Affordable Housing apartment complex at its Parkside Village & Reedley Elderly in Dinuba and Reedley, California!
This position requires the Apartment Manager to live on-site in company-provided housing. A license will be granted to the employee for temporary residential purposes only, in direct conjunction with, and concurrently with, his/her employment with Buckingham as a condition of employment.
The selected individual will have at least one (1) year of experience in the management of a large apartment complexes, will hit the ground running with your understanding of residential and maintenance needs and troubleshooting, you will be self-driven with great follow though, you are a team player, dependable and will always provide outstanding customer service to residents and fellow employees. You will have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to independently address issues and resolve disputes, and act independently in face-to-face situations using judgment, tact, and discretion. You will have an ability to read and interpret rental agreements, government regulations and budgets. You will have an ability to prepare effective business correspondence and effectively communicate in English with groups and/or individuals, and/or have an ability to speak and understand Spanish as required by property demographics.
You will act as a partner with the Maintenance Technician under the direction of the District Supervisor and/or Maintenance Supervisor in ensuring superior curb-appeal, timely and quality unit turns and overall maintenance of our complex at all times. He/she will act as a partner with the Community Manager in the completion of requested service work orders.
While other duties may be added, the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the position include:
• Managing unit vacancies; marketing and leasing of the community in accordance with Buckingham marketing strategies;
• Reviewing applications for potential residents applying established criteria for resident qualification including but not limited to income guidelines;
• Submitting required paperwork to compliance department for review and approval;
• Showing vacant units to qualified resident candidates;
• Preparing new resident paperwork upon initial occupancy and annually thereafter, if necessary;
• Collecting rents and making deposits on a daily basis;
• Holding residents accountable for timely rent payments and paperwork compliance; following up on delinquent rental payments; preparation of notices;
• Communication and enforcement of all community procedures and policies to residents;
• Response to after-hours emergency situations at the property;
• Interacting regularly with third-party vendors/contractors;
• Investigating resident complaints and issues and partners with Buckingham management to determine the correct course of action;
• Receives service requests from residents, records and determines priority of response, and routes to the Maintenance Technician and/or vendor;
• Partnering with Maintenance Technician, contractors and vendors (as appropriate) in the scheduling/completion of unit turns to ensure units are "rent ready";
• Performance of daily walk-throughs to maximize curb appeal and overall community appearance and preservation of client asset and making recommendations for improvement to District Supervisor;
• Performance of monthly, quarterly and annual inspections, as required;
• Prepares for and participates in compliance audits;
• Oversees use of and maintains community room, laundry room, office and other common areas;
• Exhibits effective, strong professional partnership with co-workers maintaining professional standards of conduct at all times.
COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS, EQUIPMENT, MACHINERY, OR TOOLS A PERSON IN THIS JOB MUST USE IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THE JOB DUTIES:
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher)
• Social Media for marketing purposes only in accordance with company policy
• Basic website administration
• Online postings
Business travel requirements are of a local nature (within 100 miles) up to ¼ of time. Employees are reimbursed for the approved use of their personal automobile on official Buckingham business. Individuals who are required to use their personal automobiles for business travel must provide evidence of liability insurance coverage as well as evidence of and maintenance of a valid driver's license upon hire and in accordance with Buckingham policy.
While the typical schedule for this position is 40 hours per week (one-hour lunch generally between 12-1 pm), overtime may be required as necessary on holidays and during evenings and/or weekends, according to the needs of the business.
Compensation for this full-time, hourly non-exempt position is $17.00 per hour.
OUR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES ARE REWARDED WITH:
• Competitive compensation.
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente HMO/PPO depending upon coverage areas), Guardian Dental HMP and PPO, Anthem Blue View Vision.
• AFLAC voluntary coverage(s).
• Paid life insurance plus voluntary supplemental life insurance.
• Paid holidays.
• Paid sick leave.
• Paid vacation.
• 401k with excellent match and immediate 100% vesting!
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• Opportunity for growth!
• Team building fun, company lunches/parties, employee appreciation events, and more!
TO APPLY: Employment Applications are REQUIRED.
Submit to Buckingham Property Management - Careers
By Email: visit www.buckinghampm.com to obtain the application and the email address
No picture files - applications must be submitted as PDF document attachments
By Mail: P.O. Box 5477, Fresno, CA 93755
No phone calls please
Successful candidates must have the ability to meet all pre-employment requirements including, but not limited to, successful passage of reference checks, post-offer/pre-employment drug test (including but not limited to marijuana), post-offer/pre-employment physical (if applicable to the position), post-offer/pre-employment criminal background check, DMV motor vehicle report, and credit report (if applicable to the position).
As an equal opportunity employer, Buckingham Property Management is committed to a diverse workforce. We endeavor to make our career website accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website or need any other accommodation in the application process, please contact our Careers Department at 559-801-0730.
Buckingham Property Management's policy is to fill every position without regard to considerations made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, such as race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law (Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned) and sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and over), military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Buckingham Property Management maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers