Come join our winning team! Since 1982, Buckingham Property Management has been providing quality housing for the qualified residents it serves. Buckingham currently manages over 5,000 units in a wide range of conventional and compliance apartment communities.
Buckingham has an immediate opening for an experienced Maintenance Technician who will provide outstanding basic maintenance service for its Stony Creek I & II properties in Williams, California!
This position requires the Maintenance Technician to live on-site in company-provided housing. A license will be granted to the employee for temporary residential purposes only, in direct conjunction with, and concurrently with, his/her employment with Buckingham as a condition of employment.
The selected individual will have a working knowledge of basic maintenance repairs and troubleshooting, will hit the ground running in the timely completion of work orders and turnover of units in preparation for quality move-ins, will be self-driven with great follow though, is a team player, dependable and will always provide outstanding customer service to residents and fellow employees.
The Maintenance Technician works under the direction of the District Supervisor and/or Maintenance Supervisor in providing superior maintenance of our complex at all times. He/she will act as a partner with the Community Manager in the completion of requested service work orders. This position requires good knowledge of commonly used practices and procedures in the maintenance field and two years of such experience. Related training in plumbing, electrical and/or appliance repairs is a plus.
While other duties may be added, the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the position include:
• Perform repairs, modifications and preventive maintenance tasks on building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems;
• Timely unit turns between residents including painting, cleaning and repairing;
• Quality, prompt and professional response to resident service requests such as:
• Plumbing:clearing stoppages and replacing fittings
• General Carpentry:wallboard repair, countertop/cabinet replacement, finish carpentry, window/glass repair, door/lock repair, ceramic tile repair, fitting doors, freeing window and door jams, and light wood work
• Basic Electrical Repairs:appliances, air conditioning, heating, light fixtures, switches, outlets, and circuits
• Custodial:sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, carpet shampooing, emptying community trash bins, cleaning windows, laundry and community room maintenance, and the cleaning of apartments
• Grounds:daily walk-throughs to maximize curb appeal and overall community appearance and preservation of housing community, pool maintenance, picking up trash and pulling weeds
• Special maintenance work in coordination with Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor;
• Monthly, quarterly and annual inspections, as required, of all units, buildings, common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance as needed;
• Preparation of and participation in compliance audits;
• Accurate record keeping regarding preventative maintenance, work orders per apartment refurbishing, i.e. carpet or appliance replacements, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders;
• Monthly physical inventory of stock materials in maintenance shop;
• Quarterly, and as needed, safety inspections;
• Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals;
• Daily communication with Community Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor as to status of work orders at property;
• Response to after-hours emergency situations at the property.
Business travel requirements are of a local nature (within 100 miles) up to ¼ of time. Employees are reimbursed for the approved use of their personal automobile on official Buckingham business. Individuals who are required to use their personal automobiles for business travel must provide evidence of liability insurance coverage as well as evidence of and maintenance of a valid driver's license upon hire and in accordance with Buckingham policy.
While the typical schedule for this position is 40 hours per week (one-hour lunch generally between 12-1 p.m.), overtime may be required as necessary on holidays and during evenings and/or weekends, according to the needs of the business.
Compensation for this full-time, hourly non-exempt position is $15.00 per hour.
OUR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES ARE REWARDED WITH:
• Competitive compensation.
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance (Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente HMO/PPO depending upon coverage areas), Guardian Dental HMP and PPO, Anthem Blue View Vision.
• AFLAC voluntary coverage(s).
• Paid life insurance plus voluntary supplemental life insurance.
• Paid holidays.
• Paid sick leave.
• Paid vacation.
• 401k with excellent match and immediate 100% vesting!
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• Opportunity for growth!
• Team building fun, company lunches/parties, employee appreciation events, and more!
TO APPLY: Employment Applications are REQUIRED. Submit to Buckingham Property Management - Careers
By Email: visit www.buckinghampm.com for email address
No picture files - applications must be submitted as PDF document attachments
By Fax: 559.452.8255
By Mail: P.O. Box 5477, Fresno, CA 93755
No phone calls please
Successful candidates must have the ability to meet all pre-employment requirements including, but not limited to, successful passage of reference checks, post-offer/pre-employment drug test (including but not limited to marijuana), post-offer/pre-employment physical (if applicable to the position), post-offer/pre-employment criminal background check, DMV motor vehicle report, and credit report (if applicable to the position).
As an equal opportunity employer, Buckingham Property Management is committed to a diverse workforce. We endeavor to make our career website accessible to any and all users. If you are a qualified individual and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website or need any other accommodation in the application process, please contact our Careers Department at 559-801-0730.
Buckingham Property Management's policy is to fill every position without regard to considerations made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, such as race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued to persons unable to prove their presence in the United States is authorized under federal law (Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sex stereotype, gender identity/gender expression/transgender (including whether or not you are transitioning or have transitioned) and sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age (40 and over), military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
Buckingham Property Management maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers