compensation: Full benefits after 60 days of employment - Health, Dental, Vision. Vacations and paid holidays. 401K Plan employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
G&J Heavy Haul
Job Title: Accounting Manager/Director of Finance
Reports to: President
Privately held company providing hauling services throughout California. G+J has three offices in California. The company is looking for a qualified professional in their Tulare office.
This position is responsible for general accounting and financial management activities of the company. He/she will oversee the general ledger, production of financial statements, monthly reporting, budgets and financial analysis. Evaluation of internal controls and implementation of accounting processes is critical to this position.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee general accounting and month-end close process, including journal entry preparation, general ledger account reconciliation and variance analysis.
• Prepare Consolidated Balance Sheet and P&L fluctuation analysis and ratio analysis.
• Maintain control of the general ledger, and post and close all entities.
• Prepare and manage annual budget and forecasts.
• Establish procedures and document critical accounting policies and issues.
• Supervise, train and mentor direct reports.
• Analyze financial data and prepare financial package for upper manager and board members.
• Plan, organize and direct all activities related to the construction accounting functions in all company facilities.
• Work as a team in reviewing new contracts as well as ongoing contract administration (documentation) to ensure they are compliant with negotiated terms, conditions, specifications.
• Understand the job costing and construction accounting methodology in order to better align processes to bring better consistency.
• Work in Process & Job Costing analysis.
• Ability to interface and assist in annual reviews.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA/CPA desired.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in accounting, 2-3 years as an accounting manager or senior cost accountant for a mid-size company.
• Experience with Quickbooks, Excel, Word.
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Significant job cost and percentage of completion accounting experience in a construction environment with knowledge of US GAAP a must.
Email us your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements in MS WORD format or PDF.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers